Orthodontic DOs and DON’Ts
If you wear braces or orthodontic appliances, DON'T:
- eat hard foods like Doritos, crusty rolls, raw carrots, etc.
- eat sticky foods like Fruit Roll-Ups, taffy, etc.
- eat foods that you have to bite into with your front teeth like apples, pears, corn-on-the-cob, etc.
- chew ice or gum
- chew on inedible objects like pens or pencils
- forget about your regular dental appointments. They are important for keeping your orthodontic treatment plan on track
If you wear braces or orthodontic appliances, DO:
- make sure you get one of our complimentary ortho pouches, containing special floss, floss threaders, dental wax and other handy stuff to help you care for your mouth and braces
- keep your mouth and appliances clean with regular brushing, flossing and devices like a Waterpik
- wear your appliances and elastics as prescribed
- keep any appliances safely in their cases when not being worn